On the Street

We were out performing last night for about five hours on Septima. My brothers and sisters and I have been working on a new dance with complicated moves for the last week and we tried it for the first time in public. It was kind of a disaster, as in, we all messed up. Its really different doing something in a private room with mirrors vs with a huge crowd watching. But its going to be cool, we just got to focus more and I'm glad the Colombian people are patient for the most part.
It's funny when I translate for my dad that I keep accidentally using words in Portuguese since we were just in Brazil (see my page "now boarding"), I got to focus more. There were a lot of kids that sell things there on the street with their parents and they really enjoyed our magic routines and seeing our Santa frog costume. A manager at the grocery store here gave me a lot of candy so Santa frog had something to give all the kids. It amazes me how theses kid have less then nothing, I mean some of them sit on piles of trash that their parents are recycling, and yet they are so happy and content. A lot we can learn from them. We can choose the attitude we want to have in every circumstance. We can choose to not only see our glass half full, but overflowing. We hope to go out again tonight if  it doesn't rain.