Happy Birthday dear Guillermo

I ran 17 miles this morning which is the most I've done in a while and it felt pretty good (besides getting too sunburned in the high altitude). I have run marathons and triathlons before and I want to build up my endurance again. Traveling and performing like we do takes a tun of energy and work and I have found that running helps me get tired less. I strongly recommend it to anyone, just start with a mile or so every other day. You usually feel like crap when you start but just keep going and walk if you need to (good music helps a tun). After a week you will start to enjoy it and look forward to it. You can also get a a lot done while you run like thinking or studying. I learned a lot of my Portuguese while running and have had some amazing adventures. 
A few days ago we celebrated Guillermo's birthday (He is the blind, homeless man I told you about a while back). Even though he is turning 73 he acts like a small child about his birthday and made sure to remind us about it the days leading up. My mom made a huge cake and we shared the cake with the crowd on the street after Guillermo sang. Our hope is that celebrating his birthday like this, with a crowd of people, we would make others aware of Guillermo and they would help take care of him when we leave. It was a cool day and Guillermo was happier than I have ever seen him, especially opening his gifts. He is a really unique and beautiful person. I never had grandparents growing up and so consider Guillermo my adopted grandpa.