The Adventures of Sterling North -

 The Adventures of Sterling North  - 

Short Stories I illustrated and wrote to pick you up:) 

Sterling North was lost in a dark scary place,

 With lots of monsters he did not want to face. 


Terrible noises that made him afraid, 

and any hope to get out would quickly fade.


He tried to be strong,  brave and tough,  

but he was just a little boy who had enough. 


One day he said, “Father if you’re up there, please come find me! 

Rescue me from all the monsters behind me.” 



And there and then in the very dark night

The Father sent Sterling a special light.



See one day out of nowhere, a little firefly came, 

She was very beautiful and Sterling asked  her, her name.


She said, “I am called “ Ann Idea” and I am all yours, 

I can help make things better and open secret doors.



I’ll show you things you don’t yet know, 

in every dark room, I will bring a glow.


Beautiful words that need someone to write them, 

Negative thoughts that need someone to fight them.


Words that need to be put down on a page, 

that give wings to another soul and shatter their cage."


Then Sterling’s light grew and grew. 

till he realized that he, could give light too. 


He could bring something to the world that no one else could, 

in any scary bad place, he could be the good. 



The firefly said, "What no one else has thought of, together we can do, 

Because I am “Ann Idea” and I belong only to you.


And in this dark world of cement and stone,

Remember, The Father is there, you are not alone.


And when you feel sad and just plain rotten,  

Remember you are loved. You matter. You are not forgotten. "



Sterling North and the Kite 



Sterling North was just a young lad, 

he tried to be happy, but was mostly sad. 


One day he got lost in a terrible storm, 

he was scared and cold and could not get warm.



The storm was everywhere and he could not hide,

It was raging around him and also on the inside.


So the winds blew strong back and forth 

And rain fell hard on Sterling North



He cried "Father if you are out there, please come near me,

rescue me, help me and please just hear me.


Well as if by magic there appeared a kite,

And Sterling reached out and grabbed it tight. 



The kite caught on the wind and lifted him high, 

it carried him beyond the storm clouds up in the sky.  


And even though the storm was still raging all around 

Sterling clung to the love of the Father He found. 



He learned there was nowhere He could go that 

the Father would not find him 

as long He stayed as the child inside him.


So in any storm or the darkest night,

The Father will carry you,  just grab His "kite".